Friday, May 18, 2012

DIY Bottlecap Magnets

I also have been making some bottle cap magnets.  I tell my husband if I can't find enough people to give magnets to, or to sell them to, we are going to need a bigger refrigerator!  I am addicted to making magnets!

Here are the supplies I used:
Resin dots
Scrapbook paper/stickers
Glitter Glue
Mod Podge
Bottle Cap
Gorilla Glue/Neodymium Rare Earth Magnet OR Aleene's Magnetic Tacky Dot


I attached the scrapbook paper/stickers to the bottle cap using a bit of mod podge.  Then I placed the resin dot on top and added the magnet to the back.  I spruced up the TCU set with a ring of glitter glue.  Here's a picture of my "collegiate" bottle caps - TCU is my alma mater and my two youngest sisters attend Texas Tech.  Now I need a University of Houston and a University of Florida set for my other two sisters!



Here's some more bottle caps I made - I didn't add magnets yet because I'm thinking of turning some of them in to necklaces, but I haven't gotten supplies for that yet.  It's on my never-ending crafting to-do list.  Also, I bought some Aleene's Tacky Glue that was on sale at Michael's and that is what I used this time to adhere the paper to the bottle cap.  Seems to be working just fine.  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment