Wednesday, July 25, 2012

DIY Bean Bag Toss (Cornhole) Game - using a Diaper Box

I took on my first sewing project the other week and made some little 4" bean bags (DIY Mini Bean Bags) for the kids to play with, then my husband said we needed a bean bag toss game to go with it.  So, I grabbed a baby diaper box and decided to make my own.  It only requires a box, scissors or box cutter, and a measuring tape or ruler.

First, I turned the box right side up and cut off the four flaps.

Then, I turned it upside down and cut the holes where I wanted.  I used an exacto knife and a circle cutter to make my circle, but you could easily trace something like a round lid, to get a round shape.  

Next, I measured down the back side of the box (the side closest to the holes that I cut)
 and made marks on each edge 8" down and down the front side of the box I made marks on each edge at 4" down, then connected the dots and cut off that part of the box to get an angled shape.  

Voila!  A bean bag toss game! 

In case you were wondering, the rules I saw on bagtoss.com said that the slit hole is worth 5 points, the round hole is worth 3 points and landing on the surface is worth 1 point.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, very helpful. I'm making one today for my nephew, he is only 3 but loves to throw things. :)

    ReplyDelete