Friday, May 18, 2012

DIY Glass Magnets

When I got bit by the crafting bug a couple weeks back, this was actually the first project that I did.  I have been making them ever since.  I'm addicted to these!  Here's the link to the tutorial. 


In addition, I covered the back side of the paper and in the crack between the paper and glass bead with more Mod Podge just to seal it all in before I stuck the magnet on.   

Oh and as far as magnets go, I tested both Neodymium Rare Earth (adhered with Gorilla Glue) and Magnetic Tacky Dots (the kind you just peel and stick - shown in picture below) and they both hold the magnet to the refrigerator.  However, the Neodymium Rare Earth Magnet will hold up to 6 sheets of paper, and the Tacky Dot will hold up to 2 sheets of paper while sticking to the fridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment